John F. Wymer, III is a Partner at Thompson Hine LLP in their Atlanta office, specializing in labor and employment law on behalf of management clients. Mr. Wymer, an IAML instructor for more than 25 years, is among the nation's most sought after speakers for his extraordinary teaching skills, witty and engaging delivery style. Mr. Wymer is a member of the American Bar Association and a member of the Committee on Development of the Law under the NLRA. He is admitted to practice in Alabama and Georgia, before the U.S. Supreme Court, and before the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth and Eleventh Circuit Courts. Mr. Wymer has published numerous articles including “How Much Leave is Enough? Reasonable Accommodation, Undue Hardship, and the Intersection of the FMLA and the ADA,” Employee Relations Law Journal and is a Contributing Editor for The Developing Labor Law.
- Juris Doctor, University of Virginia School of Law, 1974
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, 1971
- Represents employers of all sizes in labor and employment disputes throughout the United States.
- Cases include employment discrimination, non-competition and trade secrets, sexual harassment claims, representation elections, wage and hour disputes, labor negotiations, employee benefits and ERISA.
- Appears regularly before state and federal courts, the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor and other administrative agencies.
- Represents employers in labor arbitration, union election campaigns, unfair labor practices cases and collective bargaining negotiations.
- Served as lead counsel in over 70 reported labor and employment law cases.
The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal: Labour & Employment
Who’s Who Legal
- Corporate Employment Lawyers Hall of Fame
- Best Lawyer – Labor & Employment
Best Lawyers in America
- Band 1 – Labor & Employment (Georgia)
- Super Lawyer
Georgia Super Lawyers
- Lawdragon – Nation’s 100 Most Powerful Employment Lawyers
Human Resource Executive Magazine
- Legal Elite
- Top 10 Attorney in Georgia
- Sherman & Howard Attorneys Recognized as 2015 Best Lawyers in America©
- 24 Sherman & Howard Attorneys and Practices Among Best in 2014 Chambers USA Rankings
- Co-Author, “How Much Leave is Enough? Reasonable Accommodation, Undue Hardship, and the Intersection of the FMLA and the ADA,” Employee Relations Law Journal (Spring 2014)
- Forty-Four Sherman & Howard Lawyers Named 2014 Super Lawyers
- Contributing Editor, The Developing Labor Law
- Contributing Editor, Personnel Law Desk Manual, published by the Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Author or numerous articles in various publications including the Georgia Labor Letter, Employee Relations Law Journal, Prentice Hall Industrial Relations Guide Service.